The new Series 5000 Plossl eyepieces represent a milestone in design and engineering. The five and six element designs feature tack sharp optical performance which delivers a 40% improvement in corrections for chromatic aberration and edge-distortions over traditional plossl designs. They yield the widest possible fields-of-view, consistent with pinpoint edge-of-field sharpness and contrast. Compare their unparalleled 60° apparent field-of-view to any Plossl on the market today. Take a look through the new Meade Series 5000 Plossls and rediscover your favorite celestial objects.
• Wide 60° apparent field-of-view
• Premium grade optical glass
• Individually tuned, multi-layered coatings for maximum light transmission
• Lens edges and all internal metal surfaces are blackened to maximize image contrast
• Parfocal - little or no refocusing required when switching eyepieces
• Long eye relief
• Adjustable twist-up rubber eyeguards
• Includes a free Agena storage bolt-case with foam inserts (a $3 - $5.50 value)!
Product carries full one year Meade factory limited warranty (within US/Canada only).
|Apparent Field of View
|Bolt Case Included
|Bolt Case Size
|Rubber Eye Guard
|Yes (Twist-Up Eyecup)
|Blackened Lens Edges
|Eyepiece Focal Length
|10.1mm - 15mm
|Eyepiece Field of View
|51 - 60 degrees
|Meade 5000 Plossl
|With safety undercut
|Standard 1.25" Filter Thread (M28.5 x 0.6)