Perfect waterproof fullsize binoculars for bird watching, hunting, or nature observation. Each ZEN binocular will ship with a FREE Zen-Ray Premium Comfort Neckstrap with quick connect and a Hard EVA Carrying case to protect your investment!
The new Zen-Ray ED2 models are packed with features.
• Extra Low Dispersion (ED) Glass
• VividBrite Ultra High Reflectivity (UHR) Dielectic Prism Coating
• SpeedDial focus wheel offers 30% faster focus rate
• CrystalView water/oil repellent coating
• Phase-correction with BAK-4 roof prisms
• Large 43mm lens for crisp, bright imaging
• Light weight Magnesium Alloy body for long lasting durability
• Open Frame Design to minimize the weight
• Heavy-duty, 100% waterproof/fogproof construction: Argon charged
• Metal alloy 3-stage Twist-up eyecups
• Diopter adjustment to fine tune focus
• Extra large center focus knob for smooth and precise focus
• Ergonomic shape for stress free use
• Rubber armor absorbs shock
• Tethered flipdown objective lens protection covers (Always-on)
• Premium Cushioned Neckstrap with quick connect
• Hard carrying case
• Fully multi-coated optics allows 99.5% light transmission at each glass/air interface
• Lifetime Warranty
DO YOU KNOW? Every ZEN binocular has gone through rigorous waterproof testing before leaving the factory floor by following the most demanding JIS 7 (Japanese Industrial Standard Level 7). What does that mean? They immerse every binocular into a 5 feet deep water tank for 3min. Only the one passes the test can be released. So, let it rain!
Q. What's the difference between ZEN ED2 and ZEN ED binoculars.
A. The new ZEN ED2 is built upon the original ZEN ED platform by incorporating several advanced technologies on three models ZEN ED2 8x43, 10x43 and 7x36. The backbone of the ZEN ED2, its prism, is significantly enhanced with state of the art dielectric prism coatings to maximize the total light transmission. The coating was engineered with 40+ layers of nanoscale film with precise thickness control. Unlike metallic prism coating, this dielectric coating offers a superior flat curve, averaging 99% rate of reflectivity throughout the visible spectrum range. As a result, users are able to enjoy a brighter image with a better balanced color tone. A proprietary new Speed-Dial focusing mechanism with 30% faster focus rate was also developed exclusively by Zen-Ray to allow users to better track fast moving objects out in the field. The ZEN ED2 binoculars are designed to be used under the most adverse weather conditions with its Argon noble gas charged waterproof chassis and new built-in CrystalView oil and water repellent coating.
May 3, 2010
Quality Lenses,Accurate,Strong Construction,CompactCons:
Quality Lenses,Accurate,Strong Construction,CompactComments:
I recently sold a pair of Swarovski 8X30 SLC's and then purchased the Zen Ray 8X43 Zen Ray ED 2's. I am not able to tell any difference in quality and optics between the two. What a great product at such a low price!
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comOct 12, 2009
WOW is the best descriptionPros:
Strong Construction,Quality LensesCons: Comments:
You owe it to yourself to give these bins a try. I was able to compare to Zeiss, Leica and Swarovski and there is just no difference in optical quailty. So go ahead and get 4 or 5 pairs for what the others cost then you can have them stored in each vehicle and in the house - never be without one that way.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comSort by
|Binocular Exit Pupil||5.4mm|
|Field of View Angular||8.1°|
|Binocular Weight||27.1 oz|
|Prism Type||Roof Prism|