Now, each ZEN binocular will ship with a FREE Zen-Ray Premium Comfort Neckstrap with quick connect and a Hard EVA Carrying case to protect your investment!
The new Zen-Ray ED2 models are packed with features.
• Extra Low Dispersion (ED) Glass
• VividBrite Ultra High Reflectivity (UHR) Dielectic Prism Coating
• SpeedDial focus wheel offers 30% faster focus rate
• CrystalView water/oil repellent coating
• Phase-correction with BAK-4 roof prisms
• Large 43mm lens for crisp, bright imaging
• Light weight Magnesium Alloy body for long lasting durability
• Open Frame Design to minimize the weight
• Heavy-duty, 100% waterproof/fogproof construction: Argon charged
• Metal alloy 3-stage Twist-up eyecups
• Diopter adjustment to fine tune focus
• Extra large center focus knob for smooth and precise focus
• Ergonomic shape for stress free use
• Rubber armor absorbs shock
• Tethered flipdown objective lens protection covers (Always-on)
• Premium Cushioned Neckstrap with quick connect
• Hard carrying case
• Fully multi-coated optics allows 99.5% light transmission at each glass/air interface
• Lifetime Warranty
DO YOU KNOW? Every ZEN binocular has gone through rigorous waterproof testing before leaving the factory floor by following the most demanding JIS 7 (Japanese Industrial Standard Level 7). What does that mean? They immerse every binocular into a 5 feet deep water tank for 3min. Only the one passes the test can be released. So, let it rain!
Q. What's the difference between ZEN ED2 and ZEN ED binoculars.
A. The new ZEN ED2 is built upon the original ZEN ED platform by incorporating several advanced technologies on three models ZEN ED2 8x43, 10x43 and 7x36. The backbone of the ZEN ED2, its prism, is significantly enhanced with state of the art dielectric prism coatings to maximize the total light transmission. The coating was engineered with 40+ layers of nanoscale film with precise thickness control. Unlike metallic prism coating, this dielectric coating offers a superior flat curve, averaging 99% rate of reflectivity throughout the visible spectrum range. As a result, users are able to enjoy a brighter image with a better balanced color tone. A proprietary new Speed-Dial focusing mechanism with 30% faster focus rate was also developed exclusively by Zen-Ray to allow users to better track fast moving objects out in the field. The ZEN ED2 binoculars are designed to be used under the most adverse weather conditions with its Argon noble gas charged waterproof chassis and new built-in CrystalView oil and water repellent coating.
May 1, 2010
Quality Lenses,AccurateCons: Comments:
I purchased the Zen Ray ED2 10x43 because I wanted a high quality birding binocular without paying $1800. The Zen has been everything I expected and more. I am constantly stunned at the quality of the image. Birder friends are also impressed with the qualityof these bins.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comSort by
|Binocular Exit Pupil||4.3mm|
|Field of View Angular||6.5°|
|Binocular Weight||27.1 oz|
|Prism Type||Roof Prism|