The new Series 5000 Plossl eyepieces represent a milestone in design and engineering. The five and six element designs feature tack sharp optical performance which delivers a 40% improvement in corrections for chromatic aberration and edge-distortions over traditional plossl designs. They yield the widest possible fields-of-view, consistent with pinpoint edge-of-field sharpness and contrast. Compare their unparalleled 60° apparent field-of-view to any Plossl on the market today. Take a look through the new Meade Series 5000 Plossls and rediscover your favorite celestial objects.
• Wide 60° apparent field-of-view
• Premium grade optical glass
• Individually tuned, multi-layered coatings for maximum light transmission
• Lens edges and all internal metal surfaces are blackened to maximize image contrast
• Parfocal - little or no refocusing required when switching eyepieces
• Long eye relief
• Adjustable twist-up rubber eyeguards
• Includes a free Agena storage bolt-case with foam inserts (a $3 - $5.50 value)!
Jan 6, 2011
It's pretty much the only choice.Pros:
Strong Construction,CompactCons: Comments:
This is pretty much the only choice for reticle eyepieces and for finder scopes. And it is only available here. I did purchase another brand a while back that had a flashing feature but it was big, bulky, and broke after first use.
It would be nice for these things to turn off automatically after a few hours of non use. I just can't seem to remember to turn them off and I'm always replacing batteries.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comSort by
|Apparent Field of View||60°|
|Barrel Size||1.25" (31.7mm)|
|Bolt Case Included||Discontinued Item|
|Bolt Case Size||Agena 52x80mm|
|Rubber Eye Guard||Yes (Twist-Up Eyecup)|
|Blackened Lens Edges||Yes|
|Eyepiece Focal Length||15.1mm - 20mm|
|Eyepiece Field of View||51 - 60 degrees|
|Eyepiece Series||Meade 5000 Plossl|
|Barrel Type||With safety undercut|
|Filter Threads||Standard 1.25" Filter Thread (M28.5 x 0.6)|