DayStar's Imaging Focal Reducer can give you more field of view in your images. 2" to T mount, with included T extension tube for even more reduction.
With a T-mount camera connected directly to the reducer, the focal length is cut in half - 0.5X. Add the 20mm extension tube for 0.33X. Even better is to combine the T-thread Interference Eliminator (sold separately) with the reducer for an interference-free 0.38X effect.
Please note that the obtainable field of view is usually limited by the etalon clear aperture; Quantum filters will result in a larger usable field than Quark or Ion.
Allows full disk imaging with SR127 and 2/3" monochrome CCDs such as ICX625, ICX655, IMX250, IMX264.
Focal reducer specifications:
- Four elements in two groups.
- 36mm clear aperture.
- Front: Male 2" eyepiece drawtube.
- Rear: Male T thread (M42x0.75)
- Flange to flange distance: 5mm.
- Overall length: 38mm.
Extension tube specifications:
- Front: Female T-thread (M42x0.75)
- Rear: Male T-thread (M42x0.75)
- Flange distance: 20mm
- Overall length: 25mm
- Knife edge baffles for superior contrast.