Title: Build Your Own Telescope, 3rd Edition - Complete Plans for Five Telescopes You Can Build with Simple Hand Tools
Author(s): Richard Berry
Other Info: 8.5" by 11.0", 240 pages, Hardbound
For anyone who has ever dreamed of exploring the heavens with a telescope, Build Your Own Telescope can make that dream come true. In clear, step-by-step instructions, author Richard Berry tells how to build five telescopes, from a simple reflecting telescope suitable for a parent and child to build together to a "research-grade" 10-inch telescope capable of sustaining a lifetime's interest in astronomy. Detailed instructions include complete plans and photographs that show how anyone can construct a powerful telescope with ordinary household tools and materials.Build Your Own Telescope includes complete plans, step-by-step instructions and 275 illustrations that show you how to build these five telescopes:
- 4" f /10 Reflector: A sturdy and easy-to-use telescope that is perfect for beginners or as a parent/child project.
- 6" f /8 Dobsonian Reflector: A light, compact telescope that is simple to build, but powerful enough to satisfy a backyard observer for many years.
- 6" f /8 Equatorial Reflector: A classic design for the amateur astronomer or craftsman who wants an elegant telescope and great performance.
- 10" f /6 Dobsonian Reflector: A powerful and versatile telescope suitable for casual stargazing or for a serious amateur's long-term observing programs.
- 6" f /15 Refractor: A large refractor that outperforms commercial telescopes of considerably larger aperture.