Baader Planetarium has evolved the wide-field astronomical eyepiece to a new level. Introducing the worlds first production Astronomical Eyepieces to use aspheric surfaces, the 31mm and 36mm Baader Hyperion-Aspheric 72-deg Modular Eyepieces. This new technology has allowed Baader to eliminate eyepiece aberrations without the usual penalty of extra lens elements, excessive size and weight, or high cost.
• The Hyperion-Aspherics freedom from blackouts, kidney beaning, and lack of distortion combines with their long eye relief to produce a view that is uncommonly comfortable and natural for all users (including eye-glass wearers and users of popular astigmatism correcting lenses).
• The ultra-wide 72° field is extremely flat and distortionless (virtually free of angular magnification distortion).
• Baaders renowned Phantom Group Multi-Coatings and thorough internal baffling produce an extremely bright and high contrast view that is free of scatter.
• Hyperion Modularity Superb for projection imaging. The Hyperion-Aspherics are threaded to accept the full line of Hyperion Digital T-Rings, for a robust direct attachment of almost any camera. The clever use of 2"x24 TPI SCT threads for attaching the 2" barrel permits the Hyperion-Aspherics to directly thread onto the rear cell of popular SCTs. This results in the highest rigidity possible for imaging.
• Dual Barrel Configuration two barrel sizes are provided with each Hyperion Aspheric. The standard 2" barrel provides the full 72-deg field size, and a special wide-field 1.25" barrel provides the maximum true field ever in a 1.25" format, with a field stop size of 1.265 (32mm)! - perfect for extracting every bit of field possible in 1.25" telescopes or binoviewers.
• Accepts popular astigmatism correcting lenses.
• Weight: 390 g (13.8 oz)
Jan 31, 2018
An excellent wide field eyepiecePros: Cons: Comments:
I am very pleased with this eyepiece from Baader. The field of view is vast; coupled with my Newtonian f5, 150mm diameter telescope it delivers beautiful crisp views of nebulae. The entire Moon fits easily within the field.
Build quality is first class. Highly recommended.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comMay 31, 2014
Could not be happierPros:
Not A OneComments:
Using this eyepiece in my E.S.AR127.,.,it seemed like someone put a BIG hole in the diagonol and dropped a million stars in it. Comfortable to look through.,.well worth the money.,.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comFeb 7, 2014
Completes my set of eyepiecesPros:
Easy to Use,Versatile,Quality Lenses,Strong ConstructionCons:
I already owned 24, 13, and 8 mm Baader Hyperion eyepieces. The 36 mm, together with a focal reducer, fills in the gap between my 15/70 binoculars and 8" SCT. I especially appreciated being able to use the Hyperions both as 1.25" eyepieces starting out and later, when I switched to a 2" diagonal, as 2" eyepieces. They all have a nice, wide AFOV. They are a bit heavy, but that hasn't shown itself to be a problem.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comApr 29, 2012
Easy to Use,Quality Lenses,Accurate,Strong ConstructionCons: Comments:
This is a great wide field eyepiece. In comparing it with a Panoptic 35, the 36 aspheric had much less edge distortion. Circles at the edge of the Panoptic 35 were ellipses, but the 36 Asperic still showed circles at the edge. However, there was a little astigmatism only at the edges.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comFeb 24, 2012
Baader 36mm AsphericPros:
Strong Construction,Accurate,Quality LensesCons:
I use this eyepiece in 2" to get the full moon in the field of view of my 12" F/10 SCT. Nice contrast. Also has included 1.25" adapter. Field of view will be reduced using that though.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comNov 4, 2011
Great Low Power Edition to the HyperionsPros:
Compact,Strong Construction,Quality LensesCons: Comments:
If you are looking for a low power eyepiece to match the quality of the standard Hyperions, this is it. This eyepiece is all about comfort.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comSort by
Apparent Field of View 72° Barrel Size 1.25" (31.7mm) and 2" (50.8mm) Bolt Case Included Yes - Free Agena Eyepiece Container Bolt Case Size Agena 65x120mm Coatings Fully Broadband Multi-Coated (Phantom Group) End Caps 3 Field Stop Diameter 32mm (1.265") Filter Threads Standard 1.25" (M28.5 x 0.6) and 2" (M48 x 0.75) Filter Thread Focal Length 36mm Rubber Eye Guard Yes Blackened Lens Edges Yes Manufacturer Baader Planetarium Eyepiece Focal Length 30.1mm - 40mm Eyepiece Field of View 71 - 80 degrees Eyepiece Series Baader Aspheric Barrel Type With safety undercut Max Width 59.5mm Eye Relief by Design 19mm Lens Elements 6 Lens Groups 4 Parfocal Yes Eyepiece Weight 13.80oz (391.22g)